Scenes from Silver City
It was good for me to review the lovely video that I took this weekend, because tonight I am having the Sunday night blues.
The Sunday night blues are a thing at our house, and precede Monday, when the work week begins. (And tonight the news of the weekend is particularly dispiriting.)
Now, it's true I am retired, and I don't think that I should really have the Sunday blues anymore.
But somehow marking the end of the week for me, marks the passing of time, and recently I've been thinking that I have less time before me than I have behind me.
And, even though I have so much to be grateful for, and so much joy to look forward to "... at my back I always hear time's winged chariot hurrying near" (from Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress")
So here's what I did to beat back the Sunday blues:
1) Watered the vegetable garden (ate two tomatoes!)
2) Hilled my potatoes (they're not dead yet!)
3) Sprayed insecticide on my petunias
3) Watched my favorite movie "Notting Hill"
4) Read the next installment of my second favorite fiction series by Louise Penny "How the Light Gets In"
And I feel a little bit better. Onward!